Saturday, September 04, 2004

Fighting Gravity

Distracted. That's probably the best adjective to discribe my state of mind as of late. We are a country at war, starving children in Africa, hundreds of innocent youths murdered in Russia, Hurrican Frances about to hit FL and I am distracted by rockstar boys.

Today is the Hafla in Niles. We have a group of 7 girls attending. I don't think this one will be as big as last months since there are not as many dancers. But there will still be good food. And I am all about good food! I'm hoping to perform in Novembers hafla. I'm still trying to convince my girls to dance with me.

RM is alive and well. That is a relief. I honestly do worry about him. He's not a destructive person, but he can get depressed and stuck in a funk from time to time. And I never want to hear that a friend is down. So, he claims he is good, and just really busy. That's all I needed to hear. Only 2 more weeks until I am east coast bound. It's been a year since I was last in NYC. That city whispers my name. I'm looking forward to the journey back. Less then a month before the HHF film screening. I decided that I am making too much out of this. I will ease myself out of this fret and work myself into the good vibes and energy that awaits me. October will be a good month. I can't let myself be caught up in this situation. I will miss the fall and all it's glory. It's September for heavens sake! I love September!

Today I will bellydance, clean my house, work on those appraisals, have fun at the hafla, hug my children, love my husband.

Today I will not yell at the boys, eat ice cream, worry about october, and waste time on the internet.

Today will be a good day.

No comments: