Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Power of Kindness

My FB status says:
"The power of kindness in all the gentle souls around me has overwhelmed me. My heart literally aches with love."
I was writing out thank you emails to all those kind souls who have donated their time, dance, money, raffle items over the past 3 benefits in order to help me reach my surgery goal.  I quickly realized how amazing it was to have to spend 2 hours on such a task because I had so many people to thank.  I posted on FB current total is $8,400 and I was so close to reaching my goal.  I then get an email from an incredible person across the seas whom I have never in my life met.  They tell me that they want to donate $1000.00 to my funds.  They asked that I not mention their donation on FB.  They will be an anonymous donor.
I was without words.  I was in tears.  A person who I have never laid eyes on, a person who doesn't know me, was showering me with kindness.  I am surrounded by so many extraordinary people.  My head reels from the sheer awesomeness of this all.  My heart..truly, literally, ached.  Ached with love and appreciation and awe.

No comments: