Friday, February 05, 2010

January's Goodness

I meant to blog each month about all the good stuff I encounter. These are the things that put a smile on my face, make my mouth tingle, my heart skip a beat, my feet tap..you get it.. the stuff warm fuzzies are made of. So, Im sharing these, each month.. in a nice orderly list format.

1. Reconnecting with old friends and family- There really is nothing like reaching out to a long lost someone. We all get busy and preoccupied in our lives and I know we have people that have crossed our minds every now and again. They say it's never too late..but I've learned that there does come a time when it is too late. When you lose someone in your life, especially those who you have not seen or heard from in a while, you may find yourself saying.. I wish I had more time. Well, the time is now. There is some powerful stuff in a quick little call, text, IM, note, message just saying "hey..I've been thinking about you." Whether its a brief little chat or a conversation that goes on for months..it feels damn good.

2. Food Network - I don't watch a lot of TV. Frankly, I don't even know what channels go to what TV stations and what show is on when. But I do know that I can turn on Channel 64 at any given time and fall in love. I'm particularly in love with Ace of cakes, Cake Boss, Cake challenge (do you sense a theme here?), Chopped, Iron Chef and Worse cooks. (Jenny Cook was robbed!!..btw)

3. Netflix- Yep, I'll admit it, I'm a movie whore. I'm on the Netflix 5 at a time plan. I've rated 3163 movies and TV shows so far. I catch up with all my TV shows via netflix and watch it now. I love it, love it, love it!

4. Flattop Grill - My favorite resturant. Sadly, the nearest one is 1 hour drive time from my house. But I will gladly drive it for some fabulous fresh and healthy make your own, all you can eat stir fry goodness! Evanston, Chicago, Madison ..I'm there!

6. Costco's Mango Salsa- I no longer have a Costco acct..but it may be worth re instating it.. just so I can get more of this Mango Salsa. Its toe curling!

7. Superfoods- My new thing, for the past few months now, is to try to incorportate at least one super food in my daily food intake. I eat many daily..but right now..I'm all about the blueberries. Goodness..they are snacky awesome! Not to mention, they are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins that help protect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals, promote a healthy urinary tract and some studies have shown Blueberries to slow neurological aging. So eat up! They are yummy.

8. Ketchup- Ketchup will always be in my goodness list. If there is no ketchup..then I just wont eat. I'm a Hunts kind of girl. Bonnie sent me some Organic Ketchup from Publix for Festivus. It was fun while it lasted.

9. Michael Franti & Spearhead : Say Hey - This song is best listened to loud. Past volume 11. And accompanies Ass Shaking nicely. Enough said.

No comments: