Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Goodness

Some of my Favorite things..March was easy.

1. Spring!  Hello new growth, rebirth, a splash of color, thunder storms, happy deck, dancing barefeet... the list goes on and on and on....
2. My Jenn-Air Grill top stove-  Hallelujah!  My oven has been broken for over a year.  I'm a baker.  I need not describe my agony.. for there are no words.   If you are patient enough, everything you ever need or want will show up at a garage sale, estate sale or auction.  Lo and behold....the glorious Jenn-Air Grill top stove.  Retail $2000.. auction purchase price $325.  Glory be!  I've already baked a full turkey.  Bill has grilled steaks.  Heaven is in my kitchen.  All my friends are welcome.
3. Avocados.  Who ever gave these little slices of Arcadia bad rap has lost their minds.  Happiness is a perfectly ripe avocado.  Rich, smooth, decadent..also known as 'Butter Pear' (doesn't that sound divine?)  Known by the Aztecs as the fertility fruit.  More potassium than a banana (60% more!) Chalked full of vit B, E & K and fiber.  And yeah, its fatty, but it's mono sat fat.  That's the good kind.  And it makes a snazzy houseplant.. if you don't have cats.(poisonous)  More than you ever needed to know about Avocados.
4. Pedicures.  Take care of your feet, as they take care of you.  And there is nothing as delightful as going into a deep stretch and seeing some lovely little gems smiling back up at you!
5. Colbie Caillat: Breakthrough.  Colbie's sophomore attempt..FTW.  She's brilliant.  I can't help but sing a long. www.colbiecaillet.com  It's kinda stuck in my head today.
6. Aziz Ansari- Comedian.  And hella funny.  Eric Hutchinson described him as Chris rocks meets Mitch Hedburg.  Spot on.   The edginess of Rock with the comedic timing of Hedburg makes for a pee my pants moment. www.azizisbored.tubmlr.com
7. iPhone- I think I already went over my love of my new little gadget.  Make out.  ziplock bag.  Enough said.
8. Stephen Kellogg & 6ers-  If you ask me what one artist I would take with me on a desert island.  (hoping it's a dessert island though) It's Stephen.  For reasons which I do  not have adaquate words to explain.  I love his  music with the fire of a thousand suns.  It moves me.  It speaks to me.  The goodness overflows to the point where my heart literally aches.  www.stephenkellogg.com

No comments: